Lead the estimating team in bid submissions for infrastructure projects (up to $2B) taking full responsibility for the estimating process delivering a successful bid. Propose estimating strategy and provide hands-on management of technical and tendering personnel during the bid phase of projects. Provide and in-depth analysis and reporting of estimate and allowances.
• Build up of direct and indirect cost estimate for major projects.
• Prepare lump sum tenders, tender summary sheets and cash flows.
• Review and manage design deliverables from consultants.
• Liaise with and manage subcontractors and suppliers.
• Review subcontracts to ensure compliance with Acciona operational and technical requirements.
• Conceptual estimating/budgeting.
• Ensures work is carried out in accordance with company safety policy including OHSA, Provincial and Federal legislation and union agreements.
• Provide assessment of estimating accuracy and prepare relevant analyses.
• Prepare estimates from first principles.
• Competence with estimating software package.
• Provide direction and support to operational/technical staff and subcontract partners.
• Manage the operational and technical functions on projects during the bid phase.
• Devise and implement sound operational and technical controls on project bids.
• Design-build project estimates.
• Construction management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts. Excellent technical, organizational, managerial and planning skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with well developed communication and negotiation skills
• Total familiarity and understanding of related computer applications including spreadsheet and scheduling software.
• The ability to assist in determining bid strategies.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Ability to communicate with all participants involved in the estimating process. Must be a team player.
• Must be able to work well under constant pressure of deadlines and prioritize tasks to meet schedules.
• Creative thinking is required to visualize all related trade items especially for conceptual estimating with a minimum of documentation.
• Must be able to present and describe your work to your supervisors, A/E teams, clients and other personnel from within and outside the company.
• Must have experience estimating a wide variety of projects, including base building, interiors, industrial, commercial, retail and residential high-rise.
• Must be able to assist bid team in transition from estimating to bidding and GMP preparation.
• Ability to prepare quick conceptual budgets at times with only conceptual documents from the A/E team.
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an International Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada and elsewhere according to Acciona resource requirements.
• 15-20+yrs prior experience and proficiency in conceptual and hard bid estimating, quantity take-offs and familiarization with standard construction details and drawings.
• 4 year Engineering degree or Construction Management degree, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering or related education.
• Minimum 8 – 12 years experience with major contractor and Estimating Software user.
• Experience in creating a complete bid price using Estimating software.
• Experience in creating preliminary construction schedules.
• Experience in working in multi joint venture environment.
• Experience in working on bids with values in excess of $300m.
• Experience utilizing computerized estimating systems.
• Comfortable working in a disciplined and pressurised environment.
• Previous PPP project experience preferable.
• Knowledge of the local construction market.
Hello, Staffing and Recruitment Agencies!
We do not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing/recruitment agencies. You must have a current and signed Agency Agreement in place with Acciona prior to submitting candidates for review.
Please do not contact our hiring managers directly. All requests/inquiries should be directed to our Corporate Recruiting Services Department at email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our site www.acciona.ca
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with ACCIONA Infrastructure Canada Inc.
We contact candidates who most closely match our requirements. If you are not selected for current employment opportunities, we will keep your resume on file for future consideration.
We sincerely appreciate your interest in employment with AIC.