Lead the estimating team in bid submissions for major civil infrastructure projects (up to $2B) taking full responsibility for the estimating process delivering a successful bid. Propose estimating strategy and provide hands-on management of technical and tendering personnel during the bid phase of projects. Provide and in-depth analysis and reporting of estimate and allowances.
• Build up of direct and indirect cost estimate for major projects.
• Prepare lump sum tenders, tender summary sheets and cash flows.
• Review and manage design deliverables from consultants.
• Liaise with and manage subcontractors and suppliers.
• Review subcontracts to ensure compliance with Acciona operational and technical requirements.
• Conceptual estimating/budgeting.
• Provide assessment of estimating accuracy and prepare relevant analyses.
• Prepare estimates from first principles.
• Competence with CCS estimating software package.
• Provide direction and support to operational/technical staff and subcontract partners.
• Manage the operational and technical functions on projects during the bid phase.
• Devise and implement sound operational and technical controls on project bids.
• Design-build project estimates.
• Construction management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Working knowledge of contract language and legal requirements of contracts. Excellent technical, organizational, managerial and planning skills
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills with well developed communication and negotiation skills
• Total familiarity and understanding of related computer applications including spreadsheet and scheduling software.
• The ability to assist in determining bid strategies.
• Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
• Required to travel within Canada and elsewhere as directed.
• Position is part of an International Corporation working across Canada and positions/individuals are subject to possible relocation within Canada and elsewhere according to Acciona resource requirements.
• Minimum 8 – 12 years experience with major contractor and CCS user
• Post-Secondary diploma or degree related to Construction Management, Quantity Surveying, Estimating, Engineering or related education.
• Minimum 5 - 7 years estimating and quantity take off experience for commercial construction projects.
• Experience in creating a complete bid price using CCS software.
• Experience in creating preliminary construction schedules.
• Experience in working in multi joint venture environment.
• Experience in working on bids with values in excess of $300m.
• Experience utilizing computerized estimating systems.
• Comfortable working in a disciplined and pressurised environment.
• Previous PPP project experience preferable.
• Knowledge of the local construction market.